Medizinische Fakultät Münster
A fast and user-friendly multiplatform software for mass determination by dark-field electron microscopy
Last version: 1.13 (released 02-Jun-2010)
MASDET offers several subroutines for the main mass analysis steps, namely image display and selection of regions of interest (ROI), mass evaluation and data analysis. Two program-modes constitute the core procedures for mass determination in individual ROIs:
- the program-mode AREA determines the mass-per-area of sheet-like structures (e.g., protein S-layers, thin organic and inorganic films) and the mass-per-box for globular structures (e.g., single macromolecules, globular assemblies, organic/inorganic nanoparticles), and
- the program-mode FILAMENT determines the mass-per-length for filamentous structures (e.g., intermediate filaments, DNA-protein complexes, tobacco mosaic virus, nanowires).
The statistical analysis of the mass data in individual ROIs contains graphical data display (histograms and XY-plots) and allows up to 10 Gaussian curves to be fitted. The dark-field micrographs can also be recalculated to a mass-thickness profile and/or mass-thickness map using data from Monte Carlo simulations.
Supported operating systems:
- Windows (both standalone program and p-files for run from MATLAB)
- Mac OS X, Linux (p-files to be run from MATLAB)
Image format support:
- Basel IMAG
- Muenster TIFF
- (other formats will be implemented by us on request)
Cost: Free (on request to Vladislav Krzyzanek)
Keine Termine vorhanden.